commandlinefu.com is the place to record those command-line gems that you return to again and again.
You can sign-in using OpenID credentials, or register a traditional username and password.
Subscribe to the feed for:
This is a command template for achiving the following:
* loop over files --> find -name "" | while read file; do ...; done
* output progress --> echo -n .
* execute some command on each file and save output for later usage --> output=$()
* if command failed, open subshell and echo newline --> || (echo;...;...;)
* echo output of command --> echo "$output"