commandlinefu.com is the place to record those command-line gems that you return to again and again.
Delete that bloated snippets file you've been using and share your personal repository with the world. That way others can gain from your CLI wisdom and you from theirs too. All commands can be commented on, discussed and voted up or down.
If you have a new feature suggestion or find a bug, please get in touch via http://commandlinefu.uservoice.com/
You can sign-in using OpenID credentials, or register a traditional username and password.
First-time OpenID users will be automatically assigned a username which can be changed after signing in.
Every new command is wrapped in a tweet and posted to Twitter. Following the stream is a great way of staying abreast of the latest commands. For the more discerning, there are Twitter accounts for commands that get a minimum of 3 and 10 votes - that way only the great commands get tweeted.
Use your favourite RSS aggregator to stay in touch with the latest commands. There are feeds mirroring the 3 Twitter streams as well as for virtually every other subset (users, tags, functions,…):
Subscribe to the feed for:
connect to a remote server using ftp protocol over FUSE file system, then rsync the remote folder to a local one and then unmount the remote ftp server (FUSE FS)
it can be divided to 3 different commands and you should have curlftpfs and rsync installed
Packages: gmailfs fuse-utils libfuse2 gvfs-fuse
Config files: /etc/gmailfs/gmailfs.conf; ~/.gmailfs.conf (make a copy from the another one)
fusermount -u /mount/path/
none /mount/path/ gmailfs
noauto,user[,username=USERNAME,password=PASSWORD,fsname=VOLUME] 0 0
- The options between  are optional since they already setuped on the config files.
- The '-p' flag shows a prompt for the password entry.
- It's necessary to add the user to the 'fuse' group. You can do that with:
sudo chgrp fuse /dev/fuse
sudo usermod -a -G fuse USER
- The volume name is not needed but highly recommended to avoid file corruption. Also choose a non-trivial name.
- Google doesn't approve the use of Gmail account other than e-mail purposes. So, I recommend the creation of a new account for this.