commandlinefu.com is the place to record those command-line gems that you return to again and again.
You can sign-in using OpenID credentials, or register a traditional username and password.
Subscribe to the feed for:
If your web server is down, this command will periodically attempt to connect to it. If the output is blank, your server is not yet up. If you see HTML, your server is up. Obviously, you need to replace the Google URL with your web server URL...
* 'watch' -- a command for re-executing a command and displaying
* '-n 15' -- tells watch to redo the command every 15 seconds
* 'curl' -- a handy utility for getting the source of a web page
* '-s' -- tells curl to be silent about failing
* '--connect-timeout 10' -- Try to connect for 10 seconds
There are 2 alternatives - vote for the best!
If you can do better, submit your command here.
You must be signed in to comment.