commandlinefu.com is the place to record those command-line gems that you return to again and again.
You can sign-in using OpenID credentials, or register a traditional username and password.
Subscribe to the feed for:
This example uses xfreerdp, which builds upon the development of rdesktop. This example usage will also send you the remote machine's sound.
There is 1 alternative - vote for the best!
The above command will:
- open a Remote Desktop connection to [servername / IP Address],
- authenticate using [username] and [password],
- configure resolution to best fit your desktop (I have a 1366x768px resolution so I left space for 2 panels of 22px each),
- sets the color depth for the connection to 16 bpp,
- hides the window manager decorations,
- enables compression of the RDP data stream,
- enables persistent bitmap caching.
If you can do better, submit your command here.
You must be signed in to comment.