commandlinefu.com is the place to record those command-line gems that you return to again and again.
You can sign-in using OpenID credentials, or register a traditional username and password.
Subscribe to the feed for:
Join all sequentially named files in the directory.
Use this for files split by utilities like hjsplit and similar.
This command does not do/perform _any_ sanity checks before acting, except that it won't run unless there is a file that matches "*.001".
- The outfile should not already exist.
- There should be more than one file. (*.002 should exist as well as *.001)
- The file-count should match the number in the name of the last file in the series.
- None of the files should be empty.
- All files should be the same size, except for the last, which should usually be smaller, but never larger than the rest.
A safer altenative can be found here: http://pastebin.com/KSS0zU2F
There are 2 alternatives - vote for the best!
If you can do better, submit your command here.
You must be signed in to comment.