commandlinefu.com is the place to record those command-line gems that you return to again and again.
You can sign-in using OpenID credentials, or register a traditional username and password.
Subscribe to the feed for:
1) -n-1 means sort key is the last field
2) -l is important if each separate record is on a new line (usually so for text files)
3) -j tells msort not to create log file (msort.log) in the working directory
4) may need to install msort package.
5) msort does lot more. Check man msort
There is 1 alternative - vote for the best!
If you can do better, submit your command here.
You must be signed in to comment.