commandlinefu.com is the place to record those command-line gems that you return to again and again.
You can sign-in using OpenID credentials, or register a traditional username and password.
Subscribe to the feed for:
The above command will:
- open a Remote Desktop connection to [servername / IP Address],
- authenticate using [username] and [password],
- configure resolution to best fit your desktop (I have a 1366x768px resolution so I left space for 2 panels of 22px each),
- sets the color depth for the connection to 16 bpp,
- hides the window manager decorations,
- enables compression of the RDP data stream,
- enables persistent bitmap caching.
There is 1 alternative - vote for the best!
This example uses xfreerdp, which builds upon the development of rdesktop. This example usage will also send you the remote machine's sound.
If you can do better, submit your command here.
You must be signed in to comment.