commandlinefu.com is the place to record those command-line gems that you return to again and again.
You can sign-in using OpenID credentials, or register a traditional username and password.
Subscribe to the feed for:
This is a simple solution to running a remote program on a remote computer on the remote display through ssh.
1. Create an empty 'commander' file in the directory where you intend on running these commands.
2. Run the command
3. Hop on another computer and ssh in to the PC where you ran the command
4. cd to the directory where the 'commander' file is.
5. Test it by doing the following: echo "xeyes" > commander
6. If it worked properly, then xeyes will popup on the remote computer.
Combined with my other one liner, you can place those in some start-up scripts and be able to screw with your wife/daughter/siblings, w/e by either launching programs or sending notifications(my other one liner).
Also, creates a log file named comm_log in working directory that logs all commands ran.
There are 2 alternatives - vote for the best!
If you can do better, submit your command here.
You must be signed in to comment.