commandlinefu.com is the place to record those command-line gems that you return to again and again.
You can sign-in using OpenID credentials, or register a traditional username and password.
Subscribe to the feed for:
Download google video with wget. Or, if you wish, pass video URL to ie mplayer to view as stream.
1. VURL: replace with url. I.e. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=12312312312312313#
2. OUPUT_FILE : optionally change to a more suited name. This is the downloaded file. I.e. foo.flv
# Improvements greatly appreciated. (close to my first linux command after ls -A :) )
Breakedown pipe by pipe:
1. wget: html from google, pass to stdout
2. grep: get the video url until thumbnailUrl (not needed)
3. grep: Strip off everything before http://
4. sed: urldecode
5. echo: hex escapes
6. sed: stipr of tailing before thumbnailUrl
7. wget: download. Here one could use i.e. mplayer or other...
There are 2 alternatives - vote for the best!
If you can do better, submit your command here.
You must be signed in to comment.